Three Essential Things About the ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard
Quality management is imperative to the longevity of every business organization. If your customers are not satisfied with your service or product delivery, your company will suffer severely. Having rigorous quality control protocols is therefore a basic need, which every company must fulfill.To increase the efficiency of the quality control program of your company, you must have strong support, and this comes in the form of international certifications. The ISO 9001 quality management standard is the most recognized and valued accreditation that allows your company to increase its competitive strength in the market. The management standard focuses on mainly the process that determines the outcome and the delivery. The standard has a list of requirements, which must be fulfilled by individual companies wantingto acquire the optimal results. There are three significant aspects, one must comprehend and acknowledge the standard before acquiring the same. They are:
- The main requirements of ISO 9001
- The benefits the standard provides
- Steps required to complete the criteria
Without having detailed knowledge regarding each of these, a company might not show a holistic and dynamic approach toward the certification.
1.The main requirements of the ISO 9001 quality management standard
The standard asks your company to prioritize seven key areas associated with your organization. To achieve a continual improvement of your program and maintain compliance, the following clauses or requirements must be accomplished.
- The context of the organization – The first concern per clause 4 is determining the strategic directionand the main agenda behind implementing a quality management system. The management team must check both internal and external factors, which can directly and indirectly impact the business. At the same time, stakeholder interests and customer needs must be fully understood.
- Leadership – Per clause 5, leadership is the second requirement for implementing an effective quality management system. A proficient team of managers and leaders must be built and can be responsible for creating a control system, policies, communicating policies to all stakeholders, and organizing review meetings.
- Planning – Per clause 6, a proper planning is crucial to prevent any disruptive situations. Also, documentation of the identified risks should be made along with contingency plans.
- Support – Clause 7 asks for proper support in the form of infrastructure, efficient HR management, and a positive working environment.
- Operations – Clause 8 says allobjectives determined in the beginning must be accomplished by acquiring all the resources and conducting a stringent operating system. Time-to-time monitoring and storage of records are important to fulfill this stage.
- Evaluation – According to clause 9, a thorough evaluation of the process should be done along with recording results. This is imperative to support the plan of continual improvement.
- Corrective measures – Based on the evaluation and focusing on customer needs, corrective measures must be designed so that any kind of disruptions in the future can be averted.
2.The benefits of ISO 9001
The countless advantages offered by the standard are acknowledged across the globe. From performance modification to the improvement of brand image, the certification offers an all-inclusive beneficial approach to a company. In obtaining a successful implementation, a company can have the following:
- Achieve customer satisfaction, which in turn strengthens brand image of the company and existing customers will give references and allow new customers to join the segment.
- The standard helps your company to increase its profit margin. The reason is obvious since the main purpose of the quality management system is to increase customer satisfaction. When your company has a strong existing customer group, it gets a steady profit.
- The standard increases the morale of all stakeholders, which affects their productivity and increases their ability to provide prompt responses and feedback. They engage in the decision-making process to support the management.
3.The steps to achieve ISO 9001
- Conducting a gap analysis is the first step. The aim is to determine how much is required to fulfill the objectives. The gap analysis allows management to identify major flaws within their system.
- The next step is designing and adopting gap-filling strategies through identifying the loopholes and implementing corrective measures.
- The implementation of the system should be done after filling the gap and determining there are no further issues with the process. The entire process must be documented under the guidance of professional consultants.
- After implementation, rigorous monitoring, audit, and review meetings should be done. Then management must streamline the process for inspection and hold review meetings.
These procedures for achieving the ISO 9001 quality management standards can be exhausting. It is recommended to get support from certified consultants. ComplianceHelp Consulting LLC is the most trusted name when it comes to support for ISO certification. Their expert consultants walk you through the most difficult and time-consuming procedures of accreditation and their assistance can be found online too.