Our unique method can get you ISO certified in as quick as 30 days with no compromise on quality.
R2 Responsible Recycling
The R2 Standard covers responsible recycling for e-waste organizations. By becoming R2 certified, an organization is able to demonstrate that it is environmentally and ethically responsible for all electronic goods it processes from receipt to its final resting spot or re-use.
In order to become certified, an organization must also achieve certification to OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety management and ISO 14001 Environmental management standards. While this is a requirement, much of the remaining sections of the R2 standard will also be met by achieving certification to these two standards.
Interestingly, the federal EPA website encourages and supports all electronics recyclers to be R2 certified.
The benefits of joining an R2 recycling program have also been noted on the EPA website. These benefits include:
- Reducing environmental and human health impacts from improper recycling
- Increasing access to quality reusable and refurbished equipment to those who need them
- Reducing energy use and other environmental impacts associated with mining and processing of virgin materials-conserving our limited natural resources.
While achieving certification to R2 does not guarantee full compliance with EPA requirements, the ongoing certification helps to demonstrate that your organization will continually meet environmental and safety standards.
By undergoing the R2 compliance and documentation process an organization is less likely to to be found non-compliant which would save on costs and penalties associated with noncompliance.
While still a voluntary standard, R2 is fast becoming the benchmark for e- cycling. As many are finding with the other management system standards mentioned in our webpage, organizations that are not certified may soon find out that they are precluded from some important contracts. Currently R2 certification will set you apart from others. Potentially, R2 certification may become the benchmark. Achieving certification is relatively simple once you have certification to OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001, so there is no better time than now to attain certification.
As with other standards such as: ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems and OHSAS 18001 OHS Management Systems, the requirements of each standard are designed to integrate well between each other. This means that dual certification with another management system standards is simplified.
Working with Compliancehelp to gain certification to R2 is an important step to realizing all of the above. Consider the following benefits:
- Cost: low price and high quality work. We don’t use templates
- Speed: up to 90 days from start to finish meaning you can stop procrastinating and start winning tenders
- Use of internal resources: use of internal resources is minimized by our lean approach to consulting meaning every moment you spend with us is more effective
- Quality: as a testament to our lean approach to consulting, all of our clients maintain certification to ISO standards without further need for a consultant. This alone can save $2000-$80,000 per year for a small to medium-size business. The savings just keep coming.
Give us a call and one of friendly consultants will be pleased to help you.
- UNIQUE METHODOLOGY Developed over 6 years. Our unique method is LEAN and provides outstanding reliable RESULTS, saving you time and money.
- FIXED PRICES Our prices are fixed. We have NEVER charged more than the original agreed amount. No "Unforseen costs".
- EXTREME COMPLIANCE Approximately 70% of our clients achieve ISO certification with zero corrective actions
- NEED MORE STAFF? It may surprise you to know that not one single client of ours has needed to employ an extra person to maintain their ISO Management System. Save $15k-$80k per year.
- WHAT ARE YOU MISSING OUT ON? Start winning those contracts you have been missing out on by getting ISO certified in as little as 30 days.
- ZERO RISK! Many find too late that their consultant's work was dismal and they need another consultant to start over. This has never happened to any of Compliancehelp's clients.
- COPIES FADE We start fresh each time
- MAINTENANCE FEES?? Most consultants build themselves into your business making you pay more each year (up to $80,000). We don't. We have never charged ongoing fees.
- CB AUDITORS LIKE US We get many compliments on our work by the auditors. Often citing the simplicity of the documentation.
- MINIMAL IMPLEMENTATION Normally considered the highest cost of ISO compliance, our unique method helps keep implementation costs to a bare minimum.
- WE DON'T MESS YOU AROUND Most consultants stay at your site too long, soaking up valuable resources. Our lean methodology ensures we are on site for a minimum time for maximum results.
- ONGOING COMPLIANCE All of our clients are empowered to maintain their ISO certifications every year after we have helped them. No more consulting fees.
- SATISFIED CLIENTS We can say all we want too about ourselves, but we know that it is what our clients say that really counts. See our testimonials tab above for more.