Our unique method can get you ISO certified in as quick as 30 days with no compromise on quality.
OHSAS 18001 – OHS Management
Make health and safety of your employees a priority. Compliance help offers consultation to achieve OHSAS 18001 certification. OHSAS 18001 provides a structured health and safety management system to your business or organization. OHSAS 18001 is universal and can be applied to any workplace regardless of industry.
When your organization is OHSAS 18001 certified, it establishes your commitment to the health and welfare of your management and employees. Your certification provides credibility to external parties, including clients and stakeholders.
While there were earlier standards for OHS management systems, OHSAS first released its 18001 standard in 1999. The current version is OHSAS 18001:2007.
The OHSAS 18001 OHS management system standard was developed in consultation by a number of international bodies including BSI Group (British standards) to help all types of organizations reduce, and where possible eliminate injury and illness.
OHSAS 18001 management systems primarily take a preventative approach to occupational health and safety by:
- Identifying hazards applicable to the organizations operations
- determining the level of risk associated with the hazard
- Identifying controls including monitoring and measuring methods where appropriate to help minimize the identified risk
- Implementing the controls and monitoring compliance with and effectiveness of the controls
- Taking corrective action in case of nonconformance, injury, or illness
- Learning from non-conformances and incidents and determining appropriate action to help the organization prevent further incidents.
Furthermore, there is a focus on:
- Consultation and communication
- Legal compliance
- Training and competency.
As with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, it is good management practice to develop written safety policies and procedures. Written policies and procedures are effective for helping an organization plan, communicate, check, enforce, and continually improve so that an organization is better able ensure the health and safety of its employees and others affected by its operations.
If understood and implemented correctly, an OHSAS 18001 safety management system should easily pay for itself financially. Consider the cost of injury, illness, legalities, negative press, and stress that come from poor health and safety, and consider the benefit that comes from taking a planned and informed approach to safety management
Achieving certification to OHSAS 18001 demonstrates to others your commitment to safety and can be effectively used in marketing campaigns.
As the world becomes more and more environmentally conscious (including employees), the smart choice is to implement a standards compliant ISO 14001 environmental management system and enjoy the marketing benefits of recognition that comes from ISO 14001 certification.
Please Read more about the ISO standards and gaining certification to the ISO standards by selecting the following links:OUR SERVICES
Select a service to suit your needs
- UNIQUE METHODOLOGY Developed over 6 years. Our unique method is LEAN and provides outstanding reliable RESULTS, saving you time and money.
- FIXED PRICES Our prices are fixed. We have NEVER charged more than the original agreed amount. No "Unforseen costs".
- EXTREME COMPLIANCE Approximately 70% of our clients achieve ISO certification with zero corrective actions
- NEED MORE STAFF? It may surprise you to know that not one single client of ours has needed to employ an extra person to maintain their ISO Management System. Save $15k-$80k per year.
- WHAT ARE YOU MISSING OUT ON? Start winning those contracts you have been missing out on by getting ISO certified in as little as 30 days.
- ZERO RISK! Many find too late that their consultant's work was dismal and they need another consultant to start over. This has never happened to any of Compliancehelp's clients.
- COPIES FADE We start fresh each time
- MAINTENANCE FEES?? Most consultants build themselves into your business making you pay more each year (up to $80,000). We don't. We have never charged ongoing fees.
- CB AUDITORS LIKE US We get many compliments on our work by the auditors. Often citing the simplicity of the documentation.
- MINIMAL IMPLEMENTATION Normally considered the highest cost of ISO compliance, our unique method helps keep implementation costs to a bare minimum.
- WE DON'T MESS YOU AROUND Most consultants stay at your site too long, soaking up valuable resources. Our lean methodology ensures we are on site for a minimum time for maximum results.
- ONGOING COMPLIANCE All of our clients are empowered to maintain their ISO certifications every year after we have helped them. No more consulting fees.
- SATISFIED CLIENTS We can say all we want too about ourselves, but we know that it is what our clients say that really counts. See our testimonials tab above for more.